Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Messages I Need To Hear (I Tell Them To Myself, Because You're Not There)

I said this to myself when I was afraid of the choices in front of me.
I said this to myself when I felt like I was in the wrong place in life, as if I shouldn't have ended up where I am, as if I didn't deserve this life, or things should be better, be somehow different than they were.

I said this to myself when I kept feeling anxious that I wasn't moving fast enough, going far enough, doing enough, becoming better, when I felt that some other day things would be right.
I said this to myself when I was mad at everyone and they all seemed wrong and stupid and I felt out of control.

And I said this to myself when I was taking everything too seriously and spending FAR too much time feeling anxious and sad and upset and overwhelmed and over-responsible.

What about you?

Any of these messages resonate with you?

What do you need to tell yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment