Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Happy List.

Screw it!

I have no picture. But I need to remember the joy. How about you?

Grab a pen and paper or a keyboard or a blog or a camera and record the things that are making you happy today.

Me?

  • Yummy steak wrap with mushrooms, avocado, cheese and green salsa.
  • Beer for lunch.
  • Kids lounging on the new couch.
  • A hummingbird outside the door which I didn't get to see but still.
  • Considering different shades of blue. Navy blue. Gray blue. Teal blue. Mediterranean Blue.
  • A little flowering plant on the stoop.
  • Sunny skies.
  • Green lawn.
  • Little girls with hair falling into their eyes because they won't let mama cut their hair.
  • Being within walking distance of town.
  • A place for my books.
  • An internet day.
  • Ordering new art supplies.
  • An antique dresser.
  • A man who loves me.
  • Being able to remember good things even when I don't feel like I can keep up.
  • The smell of chicken in the oven.

That's all the time I have for today.

Please play along. Documenting these happy things is a big step in living life with joy.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST! I write in a journal everyday. I've done it since I was 7. I just recently started writing gratitude lists in my journal and that feels so good to write. I love the items on your list. Have a wonderful day! =)

    ReplyDelete